Quick resource highlighting all the travel advisories in place for India due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Only Indian Citizens are permitted to enter India and may be subject to a 14 day quarantine period. This exclusion order also applies to Overseas Citizens of India.
- Any passenger originating from UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, & Oman will be going through a mandatory 14 day quarantine period, regardless if the passenger shows any symptoms. This includes passengers who were only there for the purpose of transit.
- Passengers who are flying from the Europen Union, Turkey, United Kingdom, Afghanistan, Philippines & Malaysia, irrespective of their citizenship are not allowed to board the flight. At this point in time, transit passengers may be permitted.
- No flight will take off bound for India as of 0001 GMT on March 22 2020. This is equivalent to 0531 on March 22 2020 India Time, 1701 March 21 2020 PST, and 2001 March 21 2020 EST. A flight that departs before this time but lands after will be permitted to enter India.
- The first flight will be allowed to land in India as of 0131 IST on March 30, 2020. That is 1300 March 29 2020 PST and 1600 March 29 2020.
If you fall under one or more of these categories, you have to assume the worst case scenario applies for you.
It is our recommendation, if you are an Indian Citizen who currently is not at home, in some way, shape or form, to return home on the next available flight.
Feel free to contact Arete Travel Hub if you need help booking your tickets.